Tuesday 25 November 2014

2015/2016 Tottenham Hotspur - January Update

How I’m Sitting
I currently sit in second position of the Premier League having had a very strong first half to the season with Manchester City only two points ahead having only lost 3 games so far this season. I’m very impressed with the team in general and the addition of Carlos Vela has been a definite positive signing and a brilliant managerial move if I do say myself!
I’m still in the Europa Cup with my first game in the knockout round coming up against Hoffenheim; I have a fifth round match against QPR in the FA Cup and unfortunately I was shockingly knocked out by Norwich in the second round of the Capital One Cup… but that’s not important really.

The board appear delighted with my performance and are very happy with my leadership qualities. They say apparently last season’s disappointments still have a small part to play in my review. I find this a little out of order seeing as I’ve only ever seen Tottenham come higher than 5th in the league once in all my years of watching football!

January Transfers
Only one signing throughout January and that’s the signing of the exciting young prospect in Luka Jovic! I initially thought that I had found a gem here that no one else had seen, however after a bit of Reddit searching, I realised he was a player that many had already found before. However, he looks exciting to me as addition to my scoring side and only at the age of 18. He’d already scored 14 goals in 21 goals by the time he’d arrived from Red Star, which for an 18 year old is really quite impressive; what’s more impressive is that he played as their lone Striker as well which shows real confidence in such a young talent. As you can see, so far he’s got 4 goals in 4 games having scored a hat-trick in his very first appearance for me with an average rating of 7.78 which is a brilliant way to start his career to be honest. Really exciting!

In terms of sales, I’ve made two pretty big ones that were done to balance out what seems to be a VERY under-funded club. I was given £30m to spend on January 1st as a reward for my fine form, however by January 2nd, they had retracted the money and given me a mere £360k which was annoying! Paulinho was the first at £10m to A.C. Milan and the second was Ben Davies to Liverpool for £15m. These helped me not only afford Jovic but also balance out my negative numbered wages!


Statistics
There’s no surprises when it comes to Top Goalscorer this season, Carlos Vela has 24 goals, streaks ahead of anyone else, proving to be the exact player I wanted him to be! The man behind him is Christian Eriksen who has managed 12 goals so far which is average for an attacking midfielder of his quality. Lamela has been a shadow of the player he was last season with only 2 goals so far this season which is probably due to playing on the right side as opposed to that central attacking role like last season. Eriksen has impressed once again with his impressive assists rate with 17 assists so far and no one else near him with this number either.
When it comes to the center of the park, Jorginho has continued his impressive performances from the second half of last season with our highest pass completion at 85%. Oddly Jorginho has also become our penalty player with 5/5 and 100% penalty conversion which is nice also.
As a team, we’ve remained fairly consistent in our high pass completion with 75% as opposed to 76% last season. Young Kaboul has been a rock for us at the back with 93% tackle success rate which is crucial when it comes to the final third.
Future Plans
My plans for the rest of the season are the keep this brilliant consistency up and hope to push for 2nd or maybe even win the Premier League. However, with Chelsea on a brilliant run and destroying everything in their way, after a rough start to the season, I feel they may keep us on our toes. When it comes to the other competitions, the FA Cup isn’t important to me and soon as we’re out of that, the better as it currently takes away layer fitness in my opinion. However I’m very interested in at least attempting to reach the final of the Euro Cup as I feel if we win that, despite our Premier League performance, the board will have respect for us showing that we should be in the Champions League next season.

When it comes to Transfers, I believe next season I need to improve my defence as I just feel that we concede far too many goals from the wings due to our poor wing-backs and this is something I’m looking to improve on.
;

No comments:

Post a Comment